NOTE: The first analysis of translation and description of linear-equation translation is in
How to describe the complex translations
Current proposal includes the prefix "aosp" for each aosp-specific "decoration" of VSS Leaf object. Proposal of using the namespace to group the AOSP specific fields + adds some meta fields with versioning and other needed informations.
Approaches to define and evaluate calculation formula
- Use RPN because it is easy to parse and process, no precedence rules to enforce etc.
- Use standard math expression (with parantheses) and create a parser/interpreter
- Copy standard math expression directly into target language (works in most cases)
=> Approach 3 seems to be our preference for now.
Feedback from VSS working group about general strategies for metadata (hierarchical?) Gunnar Andersson
Start work on code generator in vss-tools/contrib, output according to chapter "How to describe the complex translations" above.
- Question: Introduce templating language (JINJA2) in vss-tools? It is used in vsc-tools and could be useful also for VSS for more complex code generation than we have today.
- Stefan awaiting approval to publish "hard-coded" example code.