- Provide a forum for automotive, payments, and retail to understand and develop requirements to enable commerce in the vehicle in a convenient and safe manner in the vehicle.
- Define and establish potential projects that mutually benefit and advance the acceptance of in-vehicle payment applications.
- Identify and define projects that would advance the standardization of specifications and requirements for in-vehicle payments for all interested industries.
- Facilitate and provide a unified industry representation of automaker needs with payments regulatory bodies.
COVESA SIG Activity (formerly GENIVI)
- Jan 8, 2020 - GEVINI COVESA - In-Vehicle Payment - Special Interest Group (SIG) Planning Meeting CES
- May 12, 2020 - GENIVI COVESA Virtual Tech Summit
- May 2020 - October 2020 - Numerous Zoom calls and meetings with leading organizations globally representing the IVP/EV ecosystem. Discussions were inclusive of the formation and purpose of the IVP/EV SIG, the payment industry needs, and possible collaborative contributions of each SIG participant. Discussions with a number of organizations also included exploring interests related to EV Charging, standards, and regulations which could lead to individual defined project initiatives.
- October 26, 2020 - GENIVI COVESA "Virtual Experience" All Member Meeting IVP Recorded Sessions
- Car Commerce - The Road Ahead For In-Vehicle Payments (IVP)
- Fireside Chat - BMW, Mastercard, and Connected Travel on PSD
- February 25th 2021 - GENIVI COVESA IVP and EV Charging Collaboration Workshop (scroll down a few sections to GENIVI IVP Workshop to see details and registration information)
- May 4-7th 2021 - GENIVI COVESA Virtual AMM (All Member Meeting) with IVP & EV Charging panels and workshop discussions (see recordings below)
- June 8-10th 2021 - GENIVI COVESA at TU Automotive FOCUS Vehicle Commerce Conference (scroll down to upcoming events to view registration link with GENIVI discount code)
- October 7th, 2021 - COVESA Brand Name Change and IVP/EV Charging workshop (see recordings below)
- April 27th, 2022 - COVESA AMM IVP/EV Charging workshop (see recordings below)
- June 8th, 2022 - COVESA TU AutoTech: Detroit networking event at Bar Louie in Novi (IVP/EV networking). https://covesa2022June8.eventbrite.com passcode "collaboration"
Proposed Areas of Project Focus