Participants: Gerald, Ramona, Steve Crumb, Bernd Mattner, Erik, Sami, Jan, Stephen
- (Currently not published here, potentially confidential)
Participants: Sami, Pawel, Piotr, Adnan, Erik, Paul, Stephen
- Charter Status
- MQTT adapter
- SAMI: We need one, AUTOSAR will do it
- Piotr: legal group must discuss how MQTT Adapter can be published
- ECH is transport agnostic
- Data mapper
- to be generated, so scope is instead tool chain which generate data mapper
- Simulate API
- PoC- licenses
- Sami: Focus is to use MIT-based licenses.
- Sami: How to handle licenses questions
- Paul: Send to Steve Crumb or Michael
- Piotr: Where to store questions related to licenses?
- Paul: Wherever you find most useful
- AUTOSAR Classic
- Stephen: COVESA interest in classic, mentioned in charter, both for spec and poC. A bit worrying if in spec but not tested. Renesas also interested in Classic.
- Stephen: Have you in AUTOSAR discussed Classic for Vehicle API
- Sami: Classic is on the Radar. Should come at some point. But pushing first for adaptive.
- Stephen: May be some interest to get some guidance on how to implement in Classic
- Sami: We intend to be able to read data from classic in adaptive, but you mean implementing on classsic?
- Sami: We have not considered implementing gateway on classic
- Adnan: Could it possibly be used for simulation, some seem to use it?
- Adnan: Could we possibly use it to emulate AUTOSAR env?
- Pawel: Require some checks on our side
- Adnan: Sami needs to give some feedback, is what they are doing fine from license perspective
- Stephen: What are dependencies? In-house?
- Sami to contact Michael (AUTOSAR legal) on if this repo can be used, anyway need to consult team
- Next steps
- What to discuss next week in sync, what is left for meeting 3rd?
- What to do after steering body meeting Feb 3rd
- Format charter outside google, generate PDF to have something fixed to review?
- Collaboration structure after next steering group
- Erik: Shall we continue with this slot also after 3rd feb?
- Paul: Seems good
- Sami: Once concluded with charter, we hopefully also have license agreement in place as we may need to discuss more
- Stephen: Ask Steve/Niclas how collaboration can be set up, we need to sync on legal check
- Adnan: we proposed a draft, circulate a few days in advance, include what Tieto presented at CES
- Pawel: Will check, can provide something beginning of next week
- Stephen: Get statement on license, highlight open topics
- Erik: Shall we send to license group for questions
- Paul: Yes
- Sami: Could we have next call with them, charter say we shall align with legal group, invite them to next Friday
- Action Points
- Erik: Integrate latest comments, cleanup of doc
- Erik: Ask Legal team (Steve Crumb, Niclas Höret) if they can join next week, send them charter. Also ask for meeting legal framework.
- Pawel: Provide material from (or link to info on) Tieto CES PoC
- Erik: Paul to create meeting link for continued meeting series (after Feb 3rd)
Participants: Sami, Pawel, Piotr, Adnan, Erik
- Cloud WG has discussed the specification table in meeting yesterday (Jan 12th)
- Erik: Ulf from Ford has created proposal for for an API
- Adnan: We need to focus on core part first
- Adnan: Piotr- do you have any API spec from poC. Do you have any high level description you can share?
- Piotr: We could extract something.
- Adnan: Concerning ECH, We want to have some form of simulation env so non-AUTOSAR members can test/demonstrate it.
- Sami: ECH network adapter interface will not expose anything today covered by AUTOSAR licensing.
- Piotr: AUTOSAR Partners can use demonstrator for simulation. We could possibly make a stubbed implementation not using ara::com that gives same behavior.
- Adnan: Would there be legal problems?
- Sami: We need to consult AUTOSAR legal team.
- Adnan: How can we mimic AUTOSAR service runtime env to show full pipeline available for non-AUTOSAR partners.
- Piotr: We could possibly as part of PoC use Franca for internal southbound instead of ara::com so it can be be run outside AUTOSAR.
- Sami: This is more related to Data Mapper, have a different implementation not relying on AUTOSAR service
- Erik: I have based on comment from Stephen Lawrence
- Erik: If we are to implement an MQT ECH, dowe need to integrate a MQTT netw adapter
- Pawel: If we provide method, it can support both both MQTT and others
- Erik: You need to specify something, like topics
- Pawel: That is likely configuration
- Sami: An ECH may support multiple adapter,
- Pawel: Every API has access to a message queue. callbacks. All handled by configurations.
- Sami: So ECH are quite generic
- Erik: I assume there is need for a small glue layer somewhere been generic network adapter (e.g. MQTT stack)
- Erik: So it seems we are quite aligned on specs, next week we can hopefully discuss PoC and ref implementation contents
- Sami: We need legal guidance on how to collaborate for documents where AUTOSAR is responsible but COVESA to be consulted
- AUTOSAR WG Cloud has next meeting Thu 19th - PoC/ref Impl to be discussed
- Pavel to prepare presentation how existing PoC/Demo exists, to be discussed first in AUTOSAR Cloud WG
- Next joined meeting Fri 20th
Participants: Sami, Paul, Erik
- Alignment on what was agreed in last steering board meeting
- Protocol mentions both 31st and 23/24th
- We will aim to have something ready for 23rd/24th
- Updates of charter - ok to merge comments
- Who does what going forward
- next Cloud WG 12th
- Then sessions with other WGs needed
- We can have understanding of deliverables without knowing details
- Sami back from from vacation about Jan 4th
- Erik add draft component/deliverable proposal, intended to be ready before Jan 4th, then Sami can do a quick review
- Add disclaimer, everything can be changed
- Next meeting
- Sync meeting Friday 13th+20th (15.00-16.00 CET)
- Erik to invite Sami, Paul, Adnan, Erik
- Sami will check if more will join from Cloud WG
Quick notes, please reply if changes are needed. They shall be considered as informal notes only, not a formal protocol
Participants: Nadym, Adnan, Sami, Erik
- Scope of project was discussed, - are parts where no collaboration is needed (like AUTOSAR Data Mapper) to be considered as part of project?
- We need in the charter to state something about responsibilities and collaboration model for the various components
- Erik: Licensing of components needs to be synched with Legal working group
- Sami: We call upper part adapter, we assume Linux contains VISS server, possibly use VISS as Vehicle API
- Erik: There can be things in VISS that are too complex for us now, like subscription filters, token
- Adnan: Want lightweight between AUTOSAR/Linux
- Adnan: Could possibly consider defining API in OpenAPI
- Sami: What is meant by the statement that methods is to be supported fist in a later increment? Don’t we need methods in the API
- Erik: We need methods for read/write/subscribe, but no need to support custom-specified methods to access functions in AUTOSAR
- Sami: Assisting marketing and training may be out of scope
- Sami: Developing technical API is main focus, assisting marketing/training
- Erik: But we may need to support setup of PoC and Demoas
- Decision: Add “may” in text
- Sami: CLA discussion on AUTOSAR side in progress
- Sami: We will have next internal AUTOSAR meeting on Thursday, we may add more comments to charter
- Adnan: If you already have your ideas on charter you could send it to us and we can align/merge them
- Erik:Then rough plan is that on COVESA-AUTOSAR meeting Dec 16th we (ie COVESA) present the Charter and you (i.e. AUTOSAR) present their comments
- How to progress
- Erik: How often to meet
- Sami: Joint meeting every second week might be sufficient, we have internal every week
- Erik: Current charter says at least every second week, we can have it more frequent
- Erik: Do we need a kickoff (online or insite) next year? Half-day?
- Agreement: Present idea on kick off in steering committee next Friday
- Erik: Good if you (Sami) could participate dec 16th