Weekly Meeting: Monday, 5-6pm CEST (Teams Link)
25th September 2023 - Agenda
- Participants: Cariad, BMW, General Motors, Volvo, Harman, Faurecia Aptoide/Forvia, GrapeUp, RemotiveLabs, Elektrobit, COVESA, LTTS, Geotab, mavi.io
- Overview expert group activities Detroit AMM
- Mavi.io push notification MVP to be finalized this week
→ More clarifications tbd.
- WebEx is reviewing the push notification solution
→ @Albert (Harman): To discuss with Zoom
- 2nd October → Bridge day in Germany: Weekly meeting to be cancelled?
→ Next meeting 16.10.
- Mercedes feedback work streams
→ Camera API: End this week
→ Push Notifications: Within next 2 weeks
- Cariad: No hard date at this point due to internal availabilities
11th September 2023 - Agenda
- Participants: BMW, Cariad, General Motors, Mercedes, Ford, Faurecia Aptoide/Forvia, Intellias, Grapeup, RemotiveLabs, Elektrobit, Jimmy Technologies, Bosch, COVESA, LTTS, mavi.io
- COVESA AMM in Detroit - activites on AOSP app framework standardization
- 9:00-9:45 - Status session to attract potential new members to the expert group. Onsite: Richard, Melina; Online: Camille
- 9:45-10:30 - working session on push notifications
Members that will attend the working session:
- Faurecia Aptoide
- 12/10 pm : Panel discussion
Forvia as Moderator, GM, Mavi.io, STLA, potentially BMW. Open discussion on the topic
NB: Invitations to the AMM can be provided to companies (3rd party apps developers, OEMs...) that are or not members of COVESA so that they can join the sessions. Email to Mike Nunnery & Paul Boyes to get support in this invitation process
Next steps :
- POC walkthrough video can be used as a guideline, links to download apps are in the presentation
- All OEMs to test the installation of the 2 apps and the notify backend
- before AMM to share feedback during the working session
- Outcomes can be shared with members attending if attendance is not possible
- POC by 3rd party apps dev to try to implement (Mavi.io) and provide feedback: any use case that can be difficult to support with this solution?
- AMM working session on 11/10
- Define what is missing and thus what COVESA needs to standardize to play those use cases
- Invite UnifiedPush team to join and discuss once common decision is done
4th September 2023 - Cancelled due to public holiday in US
28th August 2023 - Cancelled by chairs due to key people being out.
21st August 2023 - Meeting Agenda
- Participants: BMW, Ford, General Motors, Mercedes, Volvo, Hyundai, Faurecia Aptoide/Forvia, GrapeUp, Intellias, Elektrobit, COVESA, Geotab
- Paul Boyes: AMM Detroit
- Align on CES plans (panel discussion <> vehicle demo)
→ Which participants would be interested?
→ What would we show during the vehicle demo?
- Paul Boyes to discuss with Mike + Steve about the possibility to get a separate room at CES
- Overview milestone planning camera API & push notification
- BMW: Slides to be shared on the wiki + Collaborative document to be prepared for everyone to be able to contribute
→ OEM and Store Providers: timeline input needed
- FAA / Harman to align on who reaches out which developer
A copy has been placed on Google Docs for editing
7th August 2023 - Meeting Agenda
- Participants: BMW, Ford, General Motors, Mercedes, Volvo, Remotive Labs, Faurecia Aptoide/Forvia, Harman, Bosch, LTTS, Mavi.io, Elektrobit, Jimmy Technologies, Geotab
- Due to the Holiday next Tuesday (August 15th, 2023) in Europe, next meeting (August 14th, 2023) is cancelled.
- No concerns from the group
- Feedback from Mercedes and Cariad about camera API.
- Update will be provided at the end of summer.
- Statement that GM will be using uServices as a path moving forward. What is GM's path for the Emulator and potentially push notifications?
- GM will be providing presentation on uServices in the following meeting.
- GM Presentation on uProtocol - Eclipse-uProtocol-Overview - Google Slides
- GM is interested and will monitor the development of the Emulator and push notifications.
- GM to share timeline on using Android API approach
- GM is internally discussing this topic and will provide feedback in one of the upcoming meetings.
- Harman to Clarify next steps on contributing the Emulator:
- Harman needs to first join COVESA and then confirm with their legal team in regard to contributing the Emulator.
- Andrew Lakin/Forvia looking for feedback from companies that can contribute to the AOSP App Framework Panel discussion at the AMM in October.
- Jose Freitas/FAA presented Push Notification presentation:
- Next steps: FAA/Harman to help lead and define who does what, e.g. who reaches out to which apps (e.g. Zoom/WebEx/TikTok)
31st July 2023 - Meeting Agenda
- Participants: BMW, General Motors, Remotive Labs, Forvia, Harman, Mavi.io, GrapeUp, Elektrobit, Bosch, COVESA, Tietoevery, LTTS
- Face to Face Meeting at 10 October 2023 in Troy, MI
- CES Event planning
- Communication channel: Slack does not seem to work for everyone
→ Do we have counterproposals?
- Involvement GrapeUp in camera stream
- Feedback camera proposal
- Defining next steps camera proposal
- Deliverable: Reference implementation published by COVESA; POC with 3rd Parties; testing capabilties for camera implementation via emulator (GrapeUp + Harman)
- ToDo: Clarifying timeline for OEMs having this implemented
- Timeline deliverable
24th July 2023 - Meeting Agenda
- Participants: Cariad, Ford, General Motors, Volvo, BMW, Faurecia, Harman, Snapp, Remotive Labs, Intellias, GrapeUp, Elektrobit, Jimmy Technologies, Bosch, COVESA, KPIT, Tietoevry, Geotab, Mavi.io
- Emulator presentation (Snapp, Remotive Labs, Volvo)
→ Slides from Snapp
→ Slides from RemotiveLabs/ Volvo
→ Input Harman would give for emulator topic:
- System UI RROs and Settings Manager for System Bars and Navigation Bars. This allows, with one emulator, to simulate various OEM UIs
- Multidisplay + Cluster Enablement (does not need Emulator downgrade to < 18.104.22.168)
- Camera Enablement
- Enablement for VIM3 HW
- Various fixes (most backported from S, T or U)
- Automotive Video Library integration
- Unbundled Apps + Fixes
- Car Companion Device + Phone Companion App (BLE passthrough needs special hw)
→ Next steps:
@Melina Mascolo (BMW): Setting up Slack Channel for Emulator: https://covesacommunity.slack.com/archives/C05JJNGSUH2
@Snapp/Harman/Volvo/RemotiveLabs: To align on next steps
- Status quo camera API
→ Checked by Harman, BMW, Faurecia,
→ Still need to be checked by: Cariad (31.7.), GM (31.7.), Mercedes, Volvo (after summer)
→ Next step: Finding 1-2 app developers willing to do POC with this reference implementation
- Push Notifications: Faurecia Aptoide created first overview for possible approaches
→ Proposal will be shared by Faurecia Aptoide on this Confluence page
→ To be reviewed August 7th
→ Mavi.io willing to do an POC with their application for the reference implementation
- Status update license for code and documentation (Apache?)
→ Works for GM, Cariad, BMW, Snapp
→ Needs to be checked by: RemotiveLabs/Volvo, Faurecia Aptoide
- Vacation overview tbd.
→ Which meetings can we keep during summer break
→ Camille (Faurecia) to share vacation planner via Slack
17th July 2023 - Meeting cancelled
- Meeting cancelled this week due to majority of the participants being OOO
- Presentation of emulators from Snapp & RemotiveLabs will be done on 24th July
10th July 2023 - Virtual Meeting
ToDos are underlined
Participants: BMW, Cariad, General Motors, Mercedes, Forvia/Faurecia Aptoide, Harman, Snapp, Remotive Labs, Ansys, Intellias, GrapeUp, Bosch, drimaes, Elektrobit, KPIT, COVESA, Tietoevry, L&T Technologies, HAAS, Geotab
Preferred license: Potentially Apache
→ @All: 17.7. confirming if this license can be chosen for code and documentation
@Matthias Ostermeier (Cariad) & Albert Jordan (Harman): 17.7. Feedback if willing to contribute to collection of best pratices / developer documentation
→ Proposal: Starting a collection with learnings of different OEMs / App Store Providers
→ Longterm having more full-blown developer documentation
Differences between OEMs that Faurecia Aptoide found next to the ones listed in F2F Meeting: Media Player Integration, Car API, DRM, Toasts/Snackbar Usage
→ To be revisited after priority list
- Handling of different workstreams:
- For now aligned within Monday meeting
- Potentially seperate sessions needed where members can loop in their experts
Cross-OEM Emulator: Juhani Lehtimäki (Snapp) with support of Emil Dautovic (Remotive Labs)
→ @Juhani Lehtimäki (Snapp) & Emil Dautovic (Remotive Labs): First session on emulator on 17th July
Camera API: Manuel Saraiva (BMW)
→ @All: 17.7. Clarifying if reference implementation in PDF document from F2F meeting (22.6.) works across OEMs (https://wiki.covesa.global/download/attachments/64978970/230622_F2F_Meeting_Garching.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1689063969292&api=v2)
Push Notifications: tbd.
→ @José Freitas (Faurecia Aptoide): giving overview on 24th July
→ @Melina Mascolo (BMW): Sharing first proposal with José
Best Practices: tbd.
General communication channel for workstreams: Slack
→ Link will be shared with group
@All: 24.7. Clarifying if attending AMM in Detroit (10.-12.10.) would be possible
→ Idea would be to combine it with longer workshops, e.g. with communication app providers
- Consolidated Meeting Notes, participants and presentations (in PDF)