The Data Models and Ontologies Pillar shall:
- host the Vehicle Data Project(VSS) ensuring a consistent vehicle data rule set & development of a vehicle data catalog
- discuss and document a personal data model (PDM) and align with best practices of privacy and identity
- host discussion on vehicle data concepts and related tooling
The Data Models and Ontologies Pillar may:
- discuss interaction with other domain models Includes the following existing activities:•Vehicle Signal Specification project
|Proposal name||Author||Slides presented at COVESA AMM |
Porto (April 2023)
|Transforming from a vehicle centric data model to a domain agnostic information model|
|Defining the COVESA data modeling strategy and its associated artifacts|
- Use the right tool for the job.
- Do not try to cover multiple domains with only one tree.
- There are other types of data models that are more expressive than a tree.
- Use an standard language to express cross-references (e.g., RDF).
- Use ontologies to handle data integration and the identification of resources.
- Provide the mechanisms to sync a tree to an ontology, and standardise the steps to follow.
- Do you need a data model, or are you looking for a use-case specific data schema?
- For more details, see the extended description.