COVESA Getting Started

COVESA Community Calendar - Weekly Meeting Schedule

COVESA Communication Channels (Slack, Mailing Lists, Calendar)

COVESA Github Repository

Project Launch Process

Request Wiki Account


COVESA Briefing/Overview Deck


Data Expert Group
▶︎ Best Practices
     ▷ Governance
     ▷ Privacy and Identity
     ▷ Data Model Definition
     ▷ API First
▶︎ Data Models and Ontologies
     ▷ Vehicle Signal Specification (VSS)
     ▷ Vehicle Signal Specification Ontology (VSSo) - W3C Collaboration
▶︎ Architecture and Infrastructure
▶︎ Interface Definition
     ▷ Vehicle API
     ▷ Vehicle Service Catalog (VSC)
     ▷ Vehicle Information Service Specification (VISS) - W3C Collaboration
Data Expert Group Workshop 2023Q1

Electric Vehicle Charging Expert Group
▶︎ EV Charging Event Data Aggregation Project
▶︎ EV Optimization - Increase Travel Range for Fixed Battery

Android™ Automotive SIG
▶︎ Android Automotive White Label App Store

Security Team

Simulation and Tooling

Vehicle Experience and Content - Entertainment BoF
▶︎ In-vehicle Payment SIG


Common Vehicle Interface Initiative

Cloud & Connected Services Project

SDV Telemetry Project - On Hold


Industry Events

Industry Events 2023


October 2022 All Member Meeting

April 2022 All Member Meeting

October 2021 All Member Meeting

May 2021 All Member Meeting

October 2020 All Member Meeting

May 2020 Virtual Technical Summit

November 2019 Technical Summit

May 2019 All Member Meeting

Contact Us

We use cookies on this site to enhance your user experience. By using this site, you are giving your consent for us to set cookies.

Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

20230201 Meeting


A discussion of how to handle specific vSOMEIP issues with the maintainers.

  • Discuss code changes in the vSOMEIP Open Source Project.
  • Discuss future maintenance



Adnan Bekan - BMW

Alex Jasper - Mercedes

Andre Oliveira - BMW

Fabio Monteiro - BMW

Gonçalo - BMW

Gunnar Anderson - Mercedes

Jürgen Gehring - BMW

Saravana Raja - BMW

Paul Boyes - COVESA


Group discussed how to best manage and submit issues, commits and pull requests to vSOMEIP

This was an initial meeting.  It is expected there will be more

Issues listed were:

  • Subscribing to events
  • Current version
  • Maintenance gaps between version 2 and 3

An open, ongoing meeting was suggested.  

What is required to commit was questioned.  

Action Items

Paul Boyes to follow back up with group on what is required to contribute code/interact

Gunnar Andersson to follow up with Mercedes to determine how they would like to interact

  • No labels